Friday, February 22, 2013

Well! I can't believe it's only been ONE WEEK since I started doing yoga, walking, and trying to run! It's unbelievable the difference a week makes. Yesterday was my fourth yoga class, and I was smiling the whole way through. I'm getting much more flexible already! And I went for a good long walk today, and it was uphill half the way, and I didn't even get winded. :) It did get my heart rate up, but I could've easily still carried on a conversation.

I weighed myself again at my sister's today, and guess what? I didn't lose a pound. Not even a frickin OUNCE. In fact, I gained a few ounces! I was 221.4 last week, and 222 even today. Booo. But, I haven't been particularly careful about what I've eaten this week. I decided to first start exercising, and keeping a food journal. But now, obviously, I'll have to step it up. I need to cut out the sweets & junk. My portions are usually ok, so I don't feel like I need to worry much about "portion control". In fact, I despise that phrase, for  reasons I will not disclose. :P But, I do know, looking back on my journalling, that the junk needs to go-- THIS WEEK--if I ever want to actually lose anything.

Now, I'm not letting it get me down too much. I woke up this morning feeling a bit depressed. And the non-weightloss was even more of a bummer. But after that walk, I felt GREAT! Yay. :) And, even though I didn't lose, I still FEEL so much better. I have energy, I'm much more motivated, and I'm getting in good shape! And it's only been a week! Imagine how great I'll feel (and look!) by summertime! In fact, I'm gonna go look at bikinis right now. :D

No comments: