Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feb. 14th

Took some un-beautimous "before" pics of my vajiggle-jaggle at Sheena's this afternoon, after we got back from a walk/run.

On Tuesday, I went to yoga for the first time in over 2 years. I did pretty well, as I was already familiar with the poses & disciplines. But I reeeeally felt it yesterday! Yoga's a lot more of a workout than you'd think! Especially when you're as out of shape as me.

The walk/run with Sheena was a LOT tougher, though.I'd say we jogged--slowly--about 8x maybe. I just couldn't! My body & lungs can only do so much! But, it's a start.

Tomorrow morning I'm introducing Mum to yoga for the first time! Can't wait, she needs it even more than I do. Her fitness level is better than mine, for sure, because she's not overweight anymore.  And she's on her feet & on the go a lot more than I am. But she has a LOT more stress than I do. She rarely relaxes. She just doesn't take time to take care of herself.

I got started on Monday. When I turned on the tv, an infomercial was on. Normally, I would've found something to watch, but it really caught my attention. It was a workout program called Tapout XT. It looked super intense, but that's why it would work. I thought, That's what I need, something intense to really kick-start my weight loss. The next day, I remembered it was yoga. So, I made up my mind I was going, and I went! I do want to try the Tapout XT workouts soon. But for now, I'm sticking to yoga & running. I'll know when I can handle more of a challenge.

I just decided, I'm just gonna DO it. Like everything else I've succeeded at--housework, graduating--I have to make myself just DO it, just BE active. And before I know it, it'll be a habit. And then, before you know it, I've achieved my goals! I've already started working on my emotional problems, and been HEALED from anger & rage that has controlled me for so long. So now it's time to reverse the damage I've done to my body.

I plan to push myself HARD til I reach my goal. Then, I know, I will have to find sensible ways of maintaining my weight that I can do, long term. Tapout XT is likely not going to be something I can keep doing for my entire life (although, you never know). But like I said, it will give me a good kick-start.

I want to be healthy, I want to be strong, I want to have energy & stamina! And y'know, it might sound shallow....superficial...but I wanna be hot! I want to look & feel good in whatever I wear. I can envision myself in the summer, in jean shorts & a flowery bikini top! Something I've always dreamed of. I mean, I wouldn't parade around looking slutty or anything. But it sure would be nice to feel beautiful, fit, sexy!

I'm fighting a cold right now. Literally EVERY time I start making an effort to work out, I get sick. This time, it's not slowing me down. I REFUSE to let Satan keep me down! I am gonna work THROUGH this cold. Mind over matter often works w/colds, I find. Satan won't be able to get to me in this area ANY more. I know that means he'll try to attack me in worse ways. I WON'T GIVE UP this time.

Or the next. Or the next, or the nnext, or the next, or the next, or the next, OR THE NEXT...OR EVER!! AMEN! :)

So. I'm looking forward to a month  from now, when I can RUN! I've dreamed about it--literally. A few times. I've had dreams I was fit, slim, and RUNNING! I woke up WISHING it was real. And now, it will be! I WILL work  out. I WILL stay active, for life!

I've been so inactive for most of Brendan's life. No--ALL of his life. Since before he was born. I've wasted 10 years being overweight. I've wasted 10 years binge-eating. NO more!! I'm done. I win.


No comments: