I had a neat experience a couple of weeks ago that I'd forgotten about til just now.
Brendan & I were at my parents' house. He picked a book off the shelf, and brought it to me. It was a very plain book, spiral-bound, with a manila-envelope-colored paper cover. I had seen it before, but never really looked at it. It is called "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled", by Beatrice Allan. My mother has no idea where it even came from.
When I started reading its hand-written pages, I discovered it is a book full of the Promises of the Bible--specifically about having a "sound mind", not being afraid, or worrying, having peace, and trusting God. Beatrice Allan tells how she had several nervous breakdowns, was always struggling with depression, and couldn't sleep at night because of fear & worry (and thus, was a nighthawk, like myself).
I haven't finished reading it, because it got buried on my table and forgotten. But now that I've remembered it, I think I will commit to reading it in its entirety, so that I can pass it on to someone else who might need it!
I still can't get over the fact that God used my 22-month-old son to bring this very boring, plain-looking book to my attention. It's not an eye-catching book, sitting on the shelf, amongst other, more interesting, colorful books. No pictures, plain colors, black print on the front, and a black binding. :) And just now, I was reminded of it, as I replied to a comment on a friend's new blog that she just started, as she had posted about her bipolar disorder.
So cool how God works sometimes. :)
Brendan & I were at my parents' house. He picked a book off the shelf, and brought it to me. It was a very plain book, spiral-bound, with a manila-envelope-colored paper cover. I had seen it before, but never really looked at it. It is called "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled", by Beatrice Allan. My mother has no idea where it even came from.
When I started reading its hand-written pages, I discovered it is a book full of the Promises of the Bible--specifically about having a "sound mind", not being afraid, or worrying, having peace, and trusting God. Beatrice Allan tells how she had several nervous breakdowns, was always struggling with depression, and couldn't sleep at night because of fear & worry (and thus, was a nighthawk, like myself).
I haven't finished reading it, because it got buried on my table and forgotten. But now that I've remembered it, I think I will commit to reading it in its entirety, so that I can pass it on to someone else who might need it!
I still can't get over the fact that God used my 22-month-old son to bring this very boring, plain-looking book to my attention. It's not an eye-catching book, sitting on the shelf, amongst other, more interesting, colorful books. No pictures, plain colors, black print on the front, and a black binding. :) And just now, I was reminded of it, as I replied to a comment on a friend's new blog that she just started, as she had posted about her bipolar disorder.
So cool how God works sometimes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment