Well, vitamins did not miraculously cure me. They have helped. It made an amazing difference, at first. But now, I'm learning, it's going to take a lot more than vitamins to fix me. I can't do it without God.
Most days, I'm ok. I'm still really tired a lot, especially lately. If I think about my problems too much, it can seem overwhelming, and makes me that much more depressed. I really think one of the best things to do to minimize your own problems, is to help other people--especially people whose situations are worse than your own--rather than wasting your time & energy being an introverted worrier.
The other thing I'm learning is to really lean on God. Sometimes, I get mad at Him. I'm sure that's really mature. Ok, I know it's not. :P But I do. And then, of course, being as gracious as He is, he answers me. Joyce Meyer's show yesterday really addressed exactly what I had been ranting at God about the previous day.
I don't LIKE who I am without Christ. I am NOT a very likable person without Him. I actually said to myself the other day, "I am sick of myself!" And then, Joyce's message was about that exact thing yesterday.
I feel like I am still a "baby" Christian. And she spoke about that, too. There's no sense feeling guilty about it. I am where I am. The only thing to do is to keep going, and keep growing. Acknowledge it, and move on! Her favorite motto is, "I may not be where I need to be, but at least I'm not where I used to be! I'm ok, and I'm on my way!"
It seems like such a long road ahead. But...thank God for His love and encouragement.
Most days, I'm ok. I'm still really tired a lot, especially lately. If I think about my problems too much, it can seem overwhelming, and makes me that much more depressed. I really think one of the best things to do to minimize your own problems, is to help other people--especially people whose situations are worse than your own--rather than wasting your time & energy being an introverted worrier.
The other thing I'm learning is to really lean on God. Sometimes, I get mad at Him. I'm sure that's really mature. Ok, I know it's not. :P But I do. And then, of course, being as gracious as He is, he answers me. Joyce Meyer's show yesterday really addressed exactly what I had been ranting at God about the previous day.
I don't LIKE who I am without Christ. I am NOT a very likable person without Him. I actually said to myself the other day, "I am sick of myself!" And then, Joyce's message was about that exact thing yesterday.
I feel like I am still a "baby" Christian. And she spoke about that, too. There's no sense feeling guilty about it. I am where I am. The only thing to do is to keep going, and keep growing. Acknowledge it, and move on! Her favorite motto is, "I may not be where I need to be, but at least I'm not where I used to be! I'm ok, and I'm on my way!"
It seems like such a long road ahead. But...thank God for His love and encouragement.
No comments:
Post a Comment