Sunday, September 02, 2012

Well, my hair still isn't greasy. I think it's been 2 days since I washed it with the homemade shampoo. So far, so good!

And yesterday, I made homemade deodorant. 1/4 c. baking soda, 1/4 c. cornstarch, 2 Tbsp. coconut oil. Mix til it forms a paste, put in a clean deodorant uh...bottle? Put in the fridge to solidify, then store wherever you normally keep deodorant.

It doesn't really go on very smoothly. It's too powdery. And it made me itchy. So, I washed it off, and smoothed on just pure coconut oil. All better! : ) And then I ate the rest of the coconut oil. LOL! Yep, I can eat my moisturizer. And it's yummy. And super-healthy. I may even start cooking with it some, too. 

I have a couple more deodorant recipes to try. Hopefully they're more moisturizing. Maybe if I smooth some coconut oil on first, then the deodorant, it won't be so irritating. We shall see.

No comments: