So, fortunately, I was able to get out for a walk, by myself, after Geoff got home at 4. I figured it was probably too cold to take the baby. That and it takes forever to take a baby anywhere for anything.
I hopped in my car and started out for nowhere in particular, and wound up at the Anchorage. I walked the first trail you come to, on the paved road, that goes out behind Long Pond.
It gave me a little time to reflect, and the fresh air and tiny bit of sun was good for the soul. The thought occurred to me, Maybe God isn't just trying to teach me patience the hard way. Maybe He's trying to give me a kick in the butt, and tell me I need to be more active! I know if I was walking every day it was fit, and at least doing something on the days that it's not, it would help me cope with the stress and the S.A.D. better. And, I could take the baby on days when it wasn't too cold and windy, and the dogs could certainly use a lot more exercise, too. I could drive to the beach, and take them for a run. It's only a 2-minute drive from here. And a 10-minute walk, if it wasn't too cold of a day.
And on the days when it's not fit, I could do a workout video, or yoga, or maybe just a simple workout on my own. Just to keep from feeling so SHITTY all the time!
I also KNOW I need to go to bed earlier. If I don't start going to bed before 11 every night, every night is gonna be as bad as last night. And none of us can handle that.
So, I'm thankful I got out. Gave me a chance to clear my head, and refocus, and have a little peace and solitude--which was just what I needed to be able to hear God more clearly, apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment