Monday, January 23, 2012

So! It's been a while. As you may have noticed if you ever read my blog, or if you know me at all, my resolve never stays strong for long. :P

I still do want to lose weight. But...damn it...I live with my parents, and they buy and/or bake sweets all the time!! :( Let me just clarify that, as I'm sure it's started rumors before: Geoff, me, and the baby live with my parents. Not just me and the baby. We're still together, yes. We're renovating our house, not getting a divorce. ;)

Speaking of renovating, it's coming along MUCH more quickly, now that Terry & Patti are working there! Patti's there painting right now, as a matter of fact. And Terry was there quite a lot on the weekend, finishing up all the trim, and laying the floor in the baby's room, fixing imperfections here, there and everywhere. It's getting SO close to being done now! I'd say in another 2 months, we'll be back in. I say 2 months because after everything is done, we still have to clean everything, organize all our stuff, and move back in. And because the baby's lived here his entire life, I plan to move to our house very gradually, for his sake. Spend time there in the daytime more and more, then have a few naps there, then spend a night or two, etc. He's gonna be lost without his Grampy (and I think his Grampy's gonna be lost without him)!

I can't WAIT to post "After" pictures! Soon! As soon as the varnishing, painting, and cleaning are all done. Then I'll post pics of just the empty rooms. Then after we get everything moved back in, pictures hung, curtains hung, everything "just so", I'll post more, of the finished product. :D It's only been 6 years I've been waiting to post "After" pics now. And over a year since we moved to my parents' house.

Here are a couple "Before" pictures:







I'm hoping that by summer, we'll be able to afford to start building the porch on. All we have now is a tiny entryway, we need a decent-size porch for storage, coats, work clothes, boots, shoes, etc., as well as shelving for things like the breadmaker, slow cooker, various things that don't have a place to go. And I plan to have it be my laundry room as well, and have our deep freeze out there, too. And a large garbage can, and recycling can. And...pretty much all the crap there isn't really room for in our house. Then it'll be on to painting the outside of the house, and redoing the roof! And then, it'll be FINISHED.

Well. Apparently Brendan doesn't want to nap today. Bye 4 now.

No comments: