It's November 4th?! Uh...I was thinking it was the 2nd, for some reason. Even though, earlier today, I was well aware that Brendan turned 9 MONTHS!! I still somehow forgot. And thought we were only 2 days in.
It could be the obsessive diaper-buying rampage I've been on for the last 2 days. It could also be the traumatic evening.
I went to my cousin's baby shower tonight--my cousin whom I just found out is due in December like, last week. :P Thanks, family. ;) Anyway, I was planning to take Brendan, but he was fussy, and went right to bed at about 20 after 7. I washed his face when I was getting him ready to leave, and he started crying & screaming. I thought, What the heck brought THAT on?! He kept crying, on and off. I remembered he had hit his nose on the floor earlier in the day. Maybe I hurt his nose when I was washing his face. I checked his mouth, he was chewing a bit, so I assumed maybe his mouth was bothering him.
So, I went by myself, and left him home with Grampy (Daddy was still working). About an hour later, I got a phone call. Dad, wondering what he could give Brendan--thought his teeth must be bothering him. Uhhh...I gave him Advil already, before bed?....I could hear him crying in the background. Uh oh.
So, I rushed right home, of course. Dad had given him a frozen teether to chew on. But as soon as I saw him, I knew it wasn't his teeth. His eye was swollen and red.
I took him to the bathroom, and tried to see if there was something in it, but I couldn't get his eye open or get him to hold still long enough to get a good look. So, as soon as Geoff came in the door, we went right back out it, to take him to the hospital.
He was good as pie while we were there, and the dr. took a look and couldn't see anything. He figured it was probably just a scratch, and gave us erethromycin cream. On the way home, I remembered he had had a cat/dog hair in his eye earlier that day. Maybe when I washed his face, the hair scratched his eye. Ok. No big deal. The hair either would already be gone from crying, or it would likely show up tomorrow, and I could get it out with a wet Q-tip like I've done before.
Dad thought to check his crib. Upon checking, we discovered LITTLE TINY SPLINTERS stuck to his fleece sheet!!! He must've picked them up on his clothes, crawling around the plywood & aspenite floors in the bathroom and bedroom!!! SPLINTERS! F*ck. That's a WHOOOOLE lot worse than a cat hair!!
So now, I'm totally paranoid that he could have a friggin SPLINTER...IN HIS EYE. It could be under the top eyelid, where the dr. wouldn't have been able to see it. OMG. Every time I laid him on his back he squinted and winced and cried. Even when he was fast asleep, and I laid him in his bed, he woke up, cried, and rolled onto his belly. :( So now, yeah. Super terrifed there is a splinter in my baby's EYE.
PRAAAAAAAAAAAAY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
so did you get the splinter out?? What happened!
I don't THINK it was a splinter, thank God!! I think it was indeed a cat or dog hair, and it must've worked its way out. His eye was almost 100% better the next day. :)
Post a Comment