Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nov. 10th

Well! Today was a much better day, thankfully.

Brendan is now waking up at 6 or 6:30 every morning, because he is not aware of the time change. So to him, he's still waking at the same time. He only napped for half an hour this morning, which sucked. So, we nursed, and snuggled and lazed around in bed for about an hour, but he didn't settle back down. Definitely teething again.

So we got up, and he had some Advil, and we went to Grammy Eunice's for dinner, with Grammy & Grampy. Which was fun. :) Gram enjoys him so much. He played with her and grinned at her, and crawled all around, and got into everything he could find on the floor: a mop bucket, a wicker basket, a bamboo trivet on a low shelf, a door stop, the rug, Gram's cane, the heater...lol. He had an adventure. And he had rice, pork roast, cheese, and strawberries for dinner.

Then, we went to Alice's to visit for a bit. I wanted to get my Moby wrap she borrowed from me back in July, too. I haven't really needed it much, but since he's been teething, and fussy, I thought it might be good to have for those times when he can't sleep. He can be in the Moby, and snuggle.

So we visited with Alice & Eva & Talia for a while, and he played just dandy, and I played the piano a bit. He's still a little scared of the piano. :P Whose son is he?! I haven't had a piano to play since he's been born, so he hasn't heard it much. Well, that's not entirely true. There's a piano in the downstairs bedroom. But I don't have one up here, to just sit down & play, any old time. I could take his play pen down and play it, I suppose. But when I tried to take him down & play it when he was littler, he would freak out. So. Neeee way.

I figured, if he wasn't feeling like sleeping, why not distract him from feeling miserable, and wear him out. And it worked! He fell asleep in the car on the way home from Alice's. REALLY asleep. He hardly even woke up when I took him out of the car seat! So I put him right to bed. No bum change, no nursing. I didn't figure it was worth it to wake him up, seeing as he was finally sleeping soundly. And he slept for probably 2 hours. :) Yay.

Then he had some supper, and ate like a trooper, played for a while, had a bath--his first bath ever in the big tub!--and went to bed. And he settled pretty well. So perhaps the secret to fussy days when he's cutting teeth is to keep him busy, busy, busy, so he doesn't notice so much, and can sleep better! Might help that I gave him a little more Advil before bed, too.




Anyhoo, that's ma day. Oh, and I even cleaned the tub today! So I'm going to enjoy a nice bath, with orange-cantaloupe bath crystals. :) Nighty-night!

No comments: