A very sad day today, one I will never forget. Brendan turned 7 months yesterday, and this morning we heard of the death of Brandon Shepherd.
I hope this doesn't sound cliche, or disingenuous, because I really didn't personally know Brandon well. I don't mean it to be theatrical, or patronizing. I sincerely mean every word, and truly have been praying, all through the day. My heart goes out to all of his loved ones who are hurting.
I am praying for all those who loved Brandon that God will give them His peace, and surround them with His love, and with people who love them. I pray that they will find comfort in knowing that he is with God, and happy, and at peace.
My heart aches for his family.
Even though I am just a new mother, and I can only fathom a tiny fraction of the love his mother and father have felt for him over 22 years, my heart still aches for their loss, and I share in their tears, to even try to imagine how they must feel.
Lord, bring Your healing to them. Literally, wrap Your arms around them. I know that it hurts You when Your own children are broken-hearted. Jesus said,

No comments:
Post a Comment