Back for my yearly post...lol.
Man was I bitchy! Not that I'm never bitchy. But I was a negative person! Hope I'm not STILL always that negative. And did I ever swear casually a lot, too! I really don't very much anymore. Usually. Try not to. Makes me sound stupid.
So, I'm 39 weeks pregnant... + 3 days. :) It doesn't seem real that the next time I'm on here, I'll have a child. :| Crazy. It doesn't seem real that in a week (or more, probably) I'll have a baby. In my arms. Who needs me, and depends on me, 24/7, for everything.
Sheena & I were talking earlier about how it doesn't feel like the baby in your belly is really a REAL BABY. And even when you have it, it's like 2 different babies: Belly Baby, and Real Baby. Lol. I said to another pregnant friend of mine one day, "If you could see through your belly, and watch it growing, and moving, and see that it was a real baby, it would be more real." Even the ultrasound didn't make it "real" to me. I mean, I know there's a baby in there. But it still seems surreal that it's going to come OUT! Lol. It doesn't seem like it ever will, at this point! Seems like I've just been pregnant forever, and that's how it's gonna be!
Well, really, you are pregnant for 3/4 of a year. That's a long time. You get used to it. It changes, all the time. But it doesn't seem like it's ever going to be a real baby, on the outside world.
But I am excited now! For a while, I honestly wasn't. I was just scared at the thought of having a child, being a parent, for the rest of my LIFE! I would still cry at A Baby Story, or those stupid Pampers commercials ;) But, people were always asking me, "So you must be getting excited?" and I'm like..."Weeeelll....yeaaaah...kinda...." But now I really am.
Geoff & I went away to my 39 wk. appt. yesterday, and then went to St. John shopping after. Baby shopping. :) Got all the remaining stuff we had to get. The change table pad, a "child-view mirror" for the car, a couple towels and receiving blankets, etc. etc. I already have SO much stuff!
I've gone through bags and boxes of clothes. Packed away some for each size, gotten rid of a lot. I don't need 24-month stuff YET! I don't even know for sure what I'm having! Although, I do think it's a boy. Then of course we had my shower...I got so many blankets they FILL a HUGE Rubbermaid tote tub. And I got all the little baby products you need...bath stuff, lotions, etc. etc. Oh yes, I bought an ear thermometer yesterday, too. Little more expensive, but so much easier (and kinder!) than the alternative! I have vivid memories of "the alternative", in fact. So I think I will not ever do that to my child. Lol. They didn't have a choice then, of course.
Now, all I have left to do to get "ready" is sand & paint 3 dressers. Lol. That's "all". 3, because I'm going to do Kelsey's first, because I'm stealing her dresser, because it used to be my baby dresser, and it's still in nice shape. So I have to sand & paint a dresser to give Kelsey, as well as Geoff's, because it won't look nice as is in our new room, and then I have to sand & paint the baby's dresser, too. Then, I can put all the clothes and hats and bonnets and booties and receiving blankets and towels and faceclothes...AWAY!! And rearrange our bedroom.
I was looking around last night thinking about where everything will go. :) We've gotta move the dogs' loveseat out of the bedroom to have enough room for everything, b/c we'll have another dresser, a "diaper pail", and another hamper, AND, the cradle. Plus, I don't want the dogs in there with the baby at night anyway. They'd probably wake him up, scratching & chewing & licking themselves. Or pacing around in the morning. And then, I'd have to kill them. :P
Oh, and Miranda, whom my blog last March was about, is still with her @$$hole, and pregnant AGAIN. She found out she was pregnant again a couple months after I did. But she's actually only a month or so behind me. O joyous day. And of course, nothing's changed there. Except that Andrew has never laid a hand on her since that day. But. Still. Everything else is just as bad. Of course. *rolls eyes* At least she didn't INTENTIONALLY get pregnant this time. But. Yeah. It's gonna be fun...cuz I won't be around to help her like I have been with Hunter, I'll be kinda busy!
Anyway. Looking forward to the next couple weeks...anxiously...but still excited to SEE my baby, see what he (or maybe she?) looks like, who he looks like...see Geoff with his own little baby for the first time...:)...hold a little baby on my chest with its legs all tucked up underneath, see how I make out breastfeeding...all that exciting stuff. :)
Maybe I'll remember to post before next year this time!
Bye 4 now!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment