Friday, May 04, 2007

May 4/07, 4:34 p.m.

OH...MY...GOD!!!!!!!!! If I wasn't crazy before, I will be soon!! Cheryl decided she was going away today to Moncton, staying tomorrow, too. So, here I am!! I am FINALLY getting a minute to sit down and BREATHE...wow.

You would swear that these kids are allergic to fresh air or something. They WOULD not go outside for more than 15 minutes to a time, ALL DAY LONG!!! They just sit in here watching the same movie over and over again, and playing on the computer, and playing Playstation. AAAAALL DAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! It is enough to drive anyone crazy. It's not that I dislike any of them, of course not. But they are a handful. No, they're PAST "handful". I don't know what they are.

And I desperately need some groceries, too. Leighton (Cheryl's father) dropped off a quart of milk and two loaves of bread earlier. But other than that, there are no basics. Meat and potatoes, yes. Although I haven't looked at the potatoes, so I don't know how good they are (or aren't). But there are no carrots, celery, turnip, cabbage, onions--all the basics for soups & stews and all that stuff. I discovered there are a couple bags of frozen peas & corn downstairs, though, in one of the three deepfreezes. I also discovered a lasagna down there, too :) So that's what's in the oven right now. And I made some cookies earlier, after non-stop begging and whining from Caleb. And those turned out great. In fact, I figured out that cookies are the way to bargain with them. I gave them each 2 cookies & some milk, and they went downstairs after Brian & Bryan. So I took advantage of the upstairs being empty and ran around turning the tv and the computer games off. Then I yelled downstairs that if they would all play outside for quite a while, I'd make more cookies. Heh heh. Oh my God my back is so sore.

Oh, and the baby is sick with a bad cold, on top of having 7 kids here running around (Brian & Bryan are here, too--not that they're any trouble). So Marissa's been fussy all day, too. She slept for a little while this morning after I gave her some Triaminic, but I've hardly gotten any food into her all day. She won't drink it...she really isn't feeling good. She's all stuffy, so that's probably why she doesn't want to drink a bottle, she probably can't breathe very well when she's drinking. Poor girl. I LOVE that baby. She is the only bright spot in babysitting here. Anyway, I finally got her back to sleep, and I hope Mark can get her to take a bottle when he eventually gets home, because she really needs to eat SOMETHING.

Aaah that lasagna's starting to smell good. I'm slowly unwinding, sitting here in the PEACE and QUIET by myself with the smell of food cooking in the oven. Brb, they're coming upstairs. Gotta get them some more cookies & send them on their way. Anyway, I'm gonna take advantage of the time to myself and unload & load the dishwasher, and play the piano maybe. Bye 4 now.

No comments: