Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May 2nd/07, 5:17 p.m.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah home....yes I can confirm that I am, in fact, insane, which I discovered after I got home from there, at which time I just about had a nervous breakdown while attempting to hang clothes out. Which, by the way, I asked Geoff to do before I got home. And I also asked him if he would take care of all the dishes, too. Which ALSO was only half-done when I got home. So that really helped with the stress. Wow I'm going to go deaf...the kittens are screeching at the top of their lungs because I finally found their mother to put in with them...they've been driving me crazy yanging for the past half an hour, too. I had The Rankins cranked to attempt to drown them out because I couldn't find Spook and I can't handle much more screeching & crying today.

Marissa is one spoiled baby, let me tell you. Let it be a lesson to you all out there--LET YOUR BABY CRY SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!! Ugh. She cries if you don't cart her around with you everywhere, or if she can't see you at all times. I put her on the floor on a blanket a few times, and she'd get sick of that and start crying after a while. Then she was acting like she was tired, so I got her to sleep, and then the kids came inside, after I told them to play outside, and they woke her up. And so she was cranky the rest of the afternoon. Well I FINALLY got her back to sleep, and Megan wanted to have a bath. And Cheryl told her she could! Why, I'm not too sure. So, Marissa had been sleeping in my arms for quite a while, because every time I tried to put her in her bed, she woke up. So, I went to put her in her bed long enough to get the tub running, and she woke up. And WOULD not settle back down!!!!!!!! (Insert curse word here). Then Cheryl dropped off another babysitter, and off she went, still running cab. And then after that was going to some Bible Study somewhere. Good Lord.

Anyway...fun day. Then I came home, and the two tiny little tasks I had asked Geoff to do for me were not done, he'd been playing around on the computer. And he'd had hours to do it. He did part of the dishes that had to be done by hand, and didn't hang the clothes out because they had to go through again because they smelled sour. Well fine, but he could've kept an eye on them and hung them out when they were done going through. And THEN, the clothesline didn't work right because it's spliced together so things kept getting caught on the splice. And it's not tight enough, so it's hanging down there...looks like it's going to fall off. Anyway. So I had a little meltdown there.

Oh, and I had taken hamburger out of the freezer yesterday sometime, so I could use it for supper tonight, and it's bad. It was "reduced price" when I bought it, and I froze it right away and figured it would be fine. Think again! Last time I buy that shit. So, I had to take some meat out & throw it in the microwave, and so now supper won't be ready for even longer. What a great day. I'm going to start tomorrow's supper tonight so I don't have to think about it. Planning on having turkey soup tomorrow night. So I'll do the broth and get all the vegetables ready tonight, then I can just throw it together and cook it after I get home tomorrow night. And HOPEFULLY I won't be as stressed out tomorrow night. Because I'm probably going to be doing this for another week anyway. Yippee, because it's so great! Especially because there are 5 kids all day instead of 3, one of them an infant. Anyway, I'm going to try to start supper now. Bye.

No comments: