Well, I must be insane. I'm starting to wonder! Last night I agreed to babysit 6 kids, and then, VOLUNTEERED to babysit them for the rest of the week. And it'll probably wind up being even longer than that, I suspect. I'm babysitting for Cheryl because her mother is really sick--sounds like pneumonia to me--and so she's running cab in her mother's place, so that Leighton gets a break once a day. So. I somehow don't think Patti will be miraculously cured of pneumonia by Monday. So I'm counting on having to be here next week probably, too. Oh well...
It was supposed to be the twins and the baby from 11:00 til 2:30, then Reuben and Caleb get here, then Brandon gets home at 3:30. But apparently Reuben & Caleb have a rash, so they got sent home from school. So now I have 5 kids all day, and six kids for about half an hour probably.
SO! Should be fun. This house looks like a tornado went through here, and I'll tell you right now, I'm not picking it up. There are 4 perfectly capable kids who can pick up their own mess. Aye.
I have no idea what to get for dinner...pasta or something maybe. Or maybe just sandwiches. That'd work. Probably sandwiches. I'll look in the freezers downstairs, too, and see what's down there that they could have.
Oh, and the baby is getting sick, too. Cheryl said she's been acting funny since last night. Coughing, throwing up, fussy. So that's great. Hope she doesn't have like 5th's Disease...I hear that's going around. That's why Reuben & Caleb got sent home from school, they thought they might have the beginning stages of it.
Anyway, think I'll go check on her. Cuz I don't think there's a baby monitor to be found anywhere, and I wouldn't hear her crying all the way at the other end of the house with 4 other kids making a racket.
Bye 4 now, write more later when I'm home and I get a minute to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment