Well, interesting weekend. Can't say I'm too proud of myself...definitely not proud of myself. And actually, it really wasn't an "interesting" weekend at all. Glad it's over, is all I can say. We had my cousin from away down, and him & my other cousin just wanted to party all weekend. And the first night I severely overdid it. I was SICK...ugh...so last night we went out to Dark Harbour & stayed at Brian Cossaboom's camp because he told us we could use it anytime we wanted, so we did. And Geoff & I didn't drink...well I guess Geoff had a shot of vodka, gross...probably needed to get warmed up, as cold as it was in there! Took quite a while for us to get a decent fire going, and it really wasn't all that safe because it's not a woodstove, it's a fireplace, like a little stove with no front. Supposed to only burn firelogs in it, really. But we didn't have firelogs, so we just piled it full of whatever would we could find, and some that we brought from home. Anyway...it wasn't too bad of a night, I guess. Freezing cold in there this morning, but we had 2 sleeping bags and a couple blankets to curl up under. Didn't want to get out of bed, though...let out all the heat & jump out into the cold...I didn't get up til like...noon...ish.
Anyway...so I'm glad the weekend's over, because I really don't generally enjoy partying all that much. Today we went back out to Dark Harbour in the afternoon and fixed up the camp some. Moved the clothesline over to the other corner overtop of the stove, and monofoamed all the cracks. So now we just have to tar over the little nail-holes in the tin roof, and put in an inside door (which we have, just need a piece of plexiglass for the window), and the camp will be all tight! Yay! We've got a table & chair set that actually has a little bench that goes with it, too, which will be perfect for out there. And then we need to replace 2 pieces of plywood on the countertops, and move some junk out, and sweep & scrub, and set things back up, and it'll be all ready. We can do it all in one day, next good day we get. Gotta get the mattresses back out from the Haven, our other camp, which is out in the woods. We use that one in the fall & winter, and we use the Dark Harbour camp in the Spring & Summer, so we just switch the mattresses back & forth. The Haven's too spidery & muggy to use in the summer. And it's nicer on the Pond in the Summer, anyway.
And then we caught a really big break tonight...one of our neighbours is moving away, and needs to get rid of a bunch of stuff as fast as he can, so he doesn't have to take much with him. So we got a brand new dishwasher--3 weeks old--and a deep freeze, and also some other little things. And some paint. And that's where we got the table & chair set for the camp, too. I can not WAIT to use that dishwasher tomorrow. Cuz there are a LOT of dirty dishes right now from all the people eating here over the weekend...and from not touching a dish for 2 days...and for once, I don't have to stand there for an hour & a half washing & drying them all by hand!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! How I've survived this long without a dishwasher, I don't know. Anyway, super excited about that. And we've needed a deep freeze, and he sold us a huge standing deep freeze for a hundred bucks, and it's fairly new. Wouldn't matter if it wasn't, it's a hundred bucks, and it works, and those things work forever anyway. And he gave us a tv, a bed, a clock, a bunch of kitchen accessories, spice rack...heaters...just a whole bunch of stuff. Oh, and the paint, he gave that to us, too. Anyway, we got really lucky, that's for sure. And we got a shoe rack, which we've also really been needing.
Hopefully Carter can put in a clothesline pole for us tomorrow, and then, I'll have pretty much everything I need to actually keep this place running smoothly! I don't know how I've lasted this long without a clothesline, either. What a waste of energy...can't wait to have one, anyway. I wonder what colors the paint is that he's giving us?? Find out tomorrow, I guess, when Geoff gets the rest of our stuff from him. I'm excited, I'm sure you can't tell. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways....I need to go do some laundry now, and then shower & get to bed, it's getting pretty late, and I have school in the morning, and I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY can't afford to miss any more school AT ALL, for any reason. So bye 4 now!
No comments:
Post a Comment