Yay it's finally Spring weather!!!! At least for today...man it's awesome out! I was actually HOT when I was out sittin on the deck next door earlier. Anyway, once I realized how awesome it was out, there was no way I could stay inside, after how ass-freezingly cold it's been out, especially lately. I went to take Ruby for a walk the other day to Burt's Shore, cuz I had just gotten her a new collar & a new leash and wanted to break them in a little bit...well I'll have you know, THAT was damn cold! And I didn't have any gloves, so my hands were freezing off. My mood somehow was not even slightly improved upon returning.
Well anyway. Mum stopped in on her way down the road, and so I took off down home with her for a bit, to practice piano. But mostly because I wanted to take a walk down Henderson's with Rube. So off we went. It was BEAUTIFUL, and warm (almost 60 degrees out). I was literally skipping down the road. On the way through the pit, Ruby found herself the top of an old brown slimy bone, which she had to stop & pick up and carry along for a while. She was quite proud of it. And then we went down to the beach, and I wished I had my friggin camera so bad, cuz the waves were really huge, and the sun was out, and everything was sparkling and bright & SPRINGY!!! We walked down to the outlet, and then I REALLY regretted not having my camera. I was going over to sit down on the edge of the outlet, when I noticed a little black weasel heading down over the edge of the sand back into the brook--which of course, wasn't a weasel at all, obviously, it was an otter! Which I had never seen before, except in a zoo. So, we chased it up the brook and it came out & growled at us for about 5 minutes while we steadily inched closer to it. And Carole Guptill came walking along, and she came over to see him too. Ruby wasn't even on her leash, but she stayed back away from him. She wanted to sniff him, I could tell, but I didn't think that would be a very good idea. He'da probably gotten hold of her nose, I figure. Anyway it was hilarious. We got so close we were pretty much on top of him, cuz he was underneath the edge of a big pile of rockweed down in the brook, and we were standing on top of the rockweed a foot away from him probably. All the while he kept popping his head out and snarling and snuffling at us. Lol! I had no idea they growled. It was funny. But I wish so bad I'd had my camera, cuz I was really close to him! Oh well, maybe he'll be there again next time, never know. After all, there's lots of minnows moving down the brook this time of year for him to go fishing for. I think he was down on the beach though.
Anyhoo. Twas fun, and now I'm back at Geoffrey's, and I'm gonna go get stuff ready to barbecue! YAY! I friggin love warm weather, better enjoy it while it lasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment