My day is just beginning...
I plan to work out (at home) today, do some weight lifting, stretching, ab-work, lower body work, arms, shoulders, upper body. I got up at 8:00 this morning (got to sleep in a little), got to school early, went to the dollar store and promptly spent almost all my money that I earned babysitting last night. I came back to the school with a couple new bottles of nail polish, and tried them out in the cafeteria. And forgot that the cover wasn't on the dark-blue tight, and spilled it all over the table! So I had to go in the teachers' washroom to grab a bunch of paper towel & wipe it up. Luckily it mostly came off. Of the table, anyway. I spilled some on my hands, too, and scrub & pick as I might, it's not coming off without nailpolish remover.
Then I went to Vern's and got a coffee and a muffin, and a bottle of water back at the cafeteria, and that was the end of my twenty bucks. But hey, at least I had some breakfast.
Just finished my test, which I forgot we were doing today, and made an 84%. Without studying. Lol. Now, I might have to present my stupid stupid paraphrase of Chaucer's "Tale of Sir Thopas", if Mr. Griffin remembers. And if he doesn't, I'll probably have to remind him, cuz I've been putting off presenting it for a week now. I wanted to do it first, and get it over with, but someone else beat me to it. And since then, I've been putting it off. And the longer I put it off, the less I want to present it. Because everyone else's tales were interesting & funny, and mine is boring, because it's not a complete tale, and it's some fairytale about a knight riding into the forest to find an elf queen to marry. Yay!? Whereas a lot of the other Canterbury Tales were pretty amusing--things like...the Miller's Tale & the Reeve's Tale. Oh well, at least it's not hard. That's why I picked it, because it was only 7 pages long. If I'd read through the other tales first, though, I would've definitely picked something more interesting. But I knew that I'd probably leave it til the last minute, so I was just looking for something short. I was the first one to have the written part done...and I'm just about the last person to present.
We had some pretty interesting discussions in class yesterday, because we started studying some sonnets & love poetry. Andy Nixon apparently thought it was pretty good. Mr. Griffin so kindly asked us, first the boys, then us girls (of whom there are 4), who we thought was the most beautiful/hot person in the school. The guys didn't even want to say. But when it came to the four of us girls who are in the class, none of us wanted to say anything. Because then the guys would be running around telling the other guys who we said was the hottest guy in the class. And Mr. Griffin, of course being the kind soul that he is, singled me out..."Well, Laura, coming back after 6 years, if you were 5 or 6 years younger, who would you say are some of the nicest looking guys in the school, if you were younger?" OMG. Thanks so much. As if I'm going to justify that with an answer. Yeah, I'm just gonna pipe right up..."Well if you ask me, probably Dexter Linton, Brett Urquhart, Tyrone Gardiner, uh who else......." Yeah I'll just do that. So that all the little boys in the class, of whom there are probably 11, as compared to 4 of us girls, can run around telling the other guys, "Hey, Laura Tate thinks you're the HOTTEST guy in the school." How about I just do that, yeah. So I simply said, "I'm too old to answer that question."
But we did find out what some of the guys in the class think about love, and about themselves. That's why I thought it was interesting. Really they're all the same--just a bunch of guys, most of them don't think very much of themselves, even if they're really cute and probably lots of girls they have no idea about are checking them out. Most of them are probably just insecure, and don't really know how to approach a girl, and just want someone to love them. Aww. I know. How precious. But it's true!
Yes anyway. I guess we're going to move on now. So I'm gonna call that good enough for today. Bye 4 now.
No comments:
Post a Comment