Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Jan. 9/07, 8:20 p.m.

Well, it's evening now, and this is the first official day of trying things the "Simply For Life" way. Simply For Life is based on the glycemic index. Keeping blood sugar level with low-gi foods (veggies, etc.). I'm not actually signed up, I'm just stealing. Lol. Nah I'm borrowing, let's just say that. Just trying to follow the basic guidelines, although I think it would be much much easier if I could become a member and go to a weekly check-in with a nutritionist/counsellor, and have a meal plan catered to me, etc. etc. But it's kind of expensive. Yup, at $24/week, now is not the time at which I can realistically afford to do such a thing. Especially considering the fact that I have no money with which to pay the bills I have.

Well supposedly this diet is supposed to make you feel wonderful & full of energy...but that doesn't make sense, because today I feel like I'm crashing & DYING to have some sugar (I've been trying not to eat sugar for about 3 days now I think). So, sugar withdrawal doesn't make me feel very wonderful or energetic. Nope. But we'll see how it works out. I can honestly say that I'm not starvingly hungry, but I do have a problem: this stuff makes me gassy, not in an ew gross way, in a bloated way. And also I have heartburn. But I just hope my system works out its kinks within the week. Sheena & Matthew have lost 10 pounds each--in the first week--on this diet. Now obviously they can't possibly lose that kind of weight forever, or they'd disappear. It plateaus and levels out after a few weeks. Which is fine. I can handle a couple pounds a week--especially if I have a good head-start.

I went to Sheena's, had a big dinner, and we went for a walk to the SaveEasy & back, which is a good little walk. Carolyn told me the most important thing that she's done all along that has worked consistently is walking. So I'll at LEAST stick with that. But, I would actually like to give Simply For Life a try, because not only would I like to learn how to eat a healthy, balanced diet, but I'd like to one day have a family, and teach them how to eat healthy.

Anyway, I am REEEEEEEALLY tired. Maybe getting my sleep routines back to normal will help me stick with all this. I need to go home soon & get to bed at a decent hour. "Decent" hour...what exactly makes any other hour so INdecent, anyway?

1 comment:

smokey josie said...

Trust me, you will feel so much better once you get used to not eating sugars. They have a bad effect on people, but we don't realize it because we've always had it. It takes getting away from it to realize it. Good luck.