Monday, January 29, 2007

Jan. 29/07, 1:26 a.m.




Well, it's been a little while since I blogged! I think that's the longest I've missed. Just haven't felt like blogging, I guess.

I haven't been sticking to Simply For Life at all. Not at all. Bleh. Guess I haven't been around Sheena enough (she's the one who motivated me in the first place). I really only stuck to it for about a week & a half. Then I started to deviate, a little bit, then a little more, then a little more...so now I'm pretty much not doing it at all. I'm just eating whatever I feel like again. Which isn't working out too well for me.

I've taken up an interest in skating recently, though. So that's a good thing. I love it all of a sudden! I forgot how fun it was. And now that I've found a pair of skates that fit, I'll probably skate all the time, being that there's a rink right across the road from me. Come to find out, Geoff had a pair of skates in his basement. So I stole them & went skating all day today with the kids. At first I was pretty slow, because it's been years since I skated. Like, 3 years probably. And I'm used to figure skates, not men's skates. But I practiced, and I'm getting faster. And I only wiped once. Not bad, for my first time on the ice in 3 years. Maybe even 4 years...I don't even remember how old I was when I got my size 10's. It might've been even longer than I think. I was racing Kelsey down the ice, and going down I was like, "I'm gonna wipe one of these times, I can feel it coming!" We turned around & raced back down the rink, and then at the end I couldn't get stopped soon enough, and skated into the bushes & wiped out on some nice soft raspberry canes! Lol. Self-fulfilling prophecy, I guess. I'd like to think that a whole bunch of us could skate this weekend. Quite a few of us have skates...Lexie, Adam, the kids, me, Geoff, Miranda, Jeff, Doug...so it would be fun if we could all get together for the day. I just ordered a new pair last night, because I took Kelsey & Rena over, and I didn't have any skates, so I had to slide around the ice in my boots, or just sit there. Although, I did get a few pictures. Anyway. I decided I was going to buy myself a pair of skates, after going to White Head and not having a pair, then not having a pair last night. Then I discovered that Geoff had a pair of men's 9's. They fit just right with a warm sock in them, which makes me think the 10's I ordered probably won't fit, and I'll probably wind up looking for some away sometime. Sometime soon, hopefully. I like figure skates better than men's skates & hockey skates. They're just easier, and they lace up a lot tighter, too. And besides, they're prettier! Hee hee! Just kidding. So! Skating is my newest obsession. Man, if I get my diet back on track, and I'm skating all the time, and still going for walks, maybe I can lose some more weight! I'd like ta think!

Facebook is my other new obsession. I love that site! You can add friends, and then look through all their friends & add their friends, and join groups, and post pictures, and send messages, and post notes, and well it's just great & I love it. I have 35 friends so far, cuz I only add people I know.

Weeeeeeeeeell...it's getting really REALLY late. Although it's no surprise I wasn't tired up til now--I slept in til after dinner today. Should get to bed now, tho. Bye 4 tonight!

No comments: