Monday, January 22, 2007

Jan. 22/07, 10:49 p.m.

FRRRRRRRIG I'm bored...of the internet...good job Geoff, I think I just heard a beer falling on him in the shower. Yes, beer, the new bath accessory. Curse at the beer Geoff. It's the beer's fault that you took it in the SHOWER. HELLOOOOOO??!! Beer & bathrooms...EW.

I did pretty good today. I did snack this evening though. Shrimp. How sinful. Not really. And I had a little bowl of the soup I made for Geoff. Should've not had that probably. It wasn't like I was hungry, even slightly. But it wasn't very much. Just a taste. I'm starting to get back on track, though. And I'm back down a few pounds, too.

I went for a good hike today, for the first time in 6 days. By myself. I didn't think I wanted to take Ruby--she's in heat, and the dogs down the road are both unfixed. Not fixed. Fertile. Verile. Capable of making my dog have puppies. NO. And besides, it's icy out, and I didn't want her yanking me on my ass 20 times.

I walked down to Henderson's, thought I might go the usual route of the beach. But halfway through the pit I realized I really didn't want to go to the beach today, I wanted to go see where all the good ice was this winter. Cuz I like to skate, and rarely do it, and should do it more often. But I don't like skating at Bobby & Elsa's, because usally there's people there, and usually they want to play hockey. And I can barely skate, and I wouldn't be interested in hockey even if I was a pro. I just like to skate.

So I went back through the new pit, around the lower end of it, and there was nothing in there. Then I went down into the old pit, up around, and there was a good pond up in the upper end. Then I went around, to the lower end, and there's a good BIG pond down there. Then, I went out of the pit, across the road, and back to the old pit in the woods, where we used to skate when i was little--I used to call it "Muskrat Pond". Good big pond there, too. Not nearly as big as it used to be...it was 3 times the size of what it is now when I was little. Then, I went through the trail in the woods that comes out across from Adam & Trisha's, and started heading back up the road, but Becky Scott & her dog were in front of me, and I wanted to go down to Frog's Pond past her house, and I didn't want her to think I was following her. So I veered off up the trail that goes to the seawall between Adam & Trish's and David & Jessica's. I walked down through there, and to the left, towards Frog's Pond. That doesn't have much in it anymore either; it's all grown in with weeds. Funny, Frog's Pond actually had a muskrat in it at one point, and not really any frogs. And Muskrat Pond and the surrounding little ponds are full of frogs in the summer. Well, then I walked up the long icy lane, which was the huge lake of a lane that I spoke of in an earlier post, and back home. So that was a good walk! And those long underwear i bought were worth it, they were warm.

It was beautiful on the seawall, too. The sun was starting to set, and the water was silver, and beyond it, on the horizon, it looked like the islands were floating in the sky. The water on the horizon was a yellowy-peach color, and you couldn't tell where the water ended & the sky began. It was beautiful. Wish I'd had my camera, but it was up here. Well NEXT time I go for a walk at that time of day, I'm going to be sure to take it.

Well, it's getting late, I should go. I should actually go HOME, I have an exam tomorrow and I need to go a little early to go over a few things with the teacher. Who is 23. Yeah. My teacher is a year older than me--that's how you know you've been in school WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

I think I'll go to Global tomorrow and see if I can find myself a pair of skates.
Bedtime, byebye.

No comments: