Sunday, January 21, 2007

Jan. 21/07, 3:30 p.m.

Well, I've had a good day today. Uncle Gavin & Auntie Jean are down visiting this week, until Tuesday I think. They should just move here. I really do think. I love having them here. Listening to all of Uncle Gavin's stories & memories. He should really carry a taperecorder at all times & record himself so someone can write it all down later.

I've thrown both cats out into the cold for a while. How cruel of me. I wanted them to get out in the sunshine for a while though. It's really not good for them to be cooped up inside this little tiny house all the time, even if it is cold out. Besides, I wanted to spend some time with Joey bird for a while. So I've got the door locked, so it won't blow open & then the cats come barreling in and eat him. We're sitting here listening to the music from Sheena's wedding cd that Mum & I made. He seems to like it. They say classical music is the best, for us, for babies, for animals, even for plants! So I thought it would be good for him. Especially being that he's locked up in a cage all alone for part of the day. Although, he probably has the best view of any caged animal ever! We keep him in the bedroom, on the dresser that sits in front of the picture window, which looks out on the front deck, and the trees, and all the buoys hanging from them, and then past that, across the road is Grand Harbour, and the harbour itself. So he's probably the only caged bird with a shore view, I figure. So he's pretty lucky, as caged animals go. He's sitting up on my shoulder twisting pieces of my hair in his beak. Lol cute. He's a good little bird. Hopefully the cats don't get this one.

I enjoyed church this morning. Didn't have so many kids, just Matthew. And he behaved fairly well, really. Waved his flag around a little distractingly at times, but he wasn't too bad. And I really liked the message, it was good. Of course. Kirk's messages always are. He's an excellent pastor. Very insightful & smart. And follows wherever he feels God is leading him, even if it might be controversial, or "out of the comfort zone", as they say.

And then I went home & made cheese tortellini in chicken broth for dinner, which was really good, and fairly healthy, too. And fits the Simply For Life plan, I think. The cheese is my protein, the pasta is the carb (even though it's not whole wheat), and there's fresh parsley, fresh parmesan, and black pepper in the soup. And besides that, I had a salad of spinach & tomatoes with Greek & Feta dressing. And no dessert. I was tempted to, but I had some English Breakfast tea instead, and saved the dessert (a parfait I made with raspberries, crushed graham crackers, and yogurt) for my afternoon snack. It was worth the wait, I must say. Probably would've been healthier with homemade granola, I don't know. But the graham crackers were there, and so I used those.

Mmm that soup was good. I think I'll have to make some up here, too. I'll have to get Geoff to buy some chicken broth. The rest I have at home. By the way, it's a very simple recipe: Large carton of chicken broth, bring to a boil. Add about 2 cups of tortellini (cheese) & season with black pepper. Simmer, partially covered, on medium for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle the soup up, and season each bowl with a bit of fresh chopped parsley & freshly grated parmesan, and black pepper, to taste. The end! It's a nice light soup, very easy to make, and fresh tasting because of the parsley.

Well, on a different note, Joey may or may not have just pooped on me, I think I'll go check. Bye for now.

No comments: