Monday, January 15, 2007

Jan. 15/07, 8:25 p.m.

Had a lazy indulgent day today. I had a huge bowl of fish chowder for supper tonight, and 3 homemade biscuits. Ok, well the biscuits were made partially with whole wheat flour. Mmm the fish chowder was awesome...of course. When have you ever known fish chowder to be anything but?

I wuz pretty lazy, tho, cuz it was snowing out today. Big snowstorm. I still went for a walk tho, cuz it wasn't snowing hard down in Ingalls' Head. Ruby, Brian & I went down the road, and down the trail to where Adam used to have a little party shack way out behind Mum & Dad's. It felt like we were walking through Narnia, everything was covered in a thick fluffy blanket of fresh snow. All you could see was snow everywhere. We walked down the trail til it came out on the seawall, and then went right, back around the seawall to the pit. Then through the pit, and back up OxHead to Mum & Dad's. Ruby had a ball, again. I knew no one else would be out walking in the snow, and I figured no one would be driving down OxHead Road, either, b/c it wasn't plowed at all. So I just let Ruby run along. She loves to just trot along ahead, especially in the snow. So she had fun. She was in the ditches (which were full of snow & mostly frozen), and off in the bushes sniffing & peeing, and running way ahead then prancing back throught the snow when I whistled. It was cute.

Brian was soaked by the time we got home, because he hadn't had a jacket or a hat on. Brilliant. I didn't even clue in until we were half-way down the road & he mentioned it. (He didn't leave with me, I just met up with him when I was starting out on my walk--otherwise, I'm sure I would've made him put his gear on). I was like, "That'll teach ya to go out in the snow without a jacket & hat, bet you won't do that again!" It was a good trek, especially in all that snow. And fun, cuz it wasn't too windy.

Anyway, aside from that I was pretty lazy today. Watched a movie, laid around doing nothing, talking on the phone. I had kind of a yucky dinner (canned salmon, plain, EW), so I was glad for the fish chowder. Can't eat the same thing day in and day out. Gotta have something different now & then.

AAAAAAAAAND, I had a fabulous morning this morning. I weighed myself this morning, after breakfast, because this is day 7 of Simply For Life, and I've lost 5 more pounds!!! In a week!!! I thought that was pretty sweet. I weighed myself 2 more times, just to make sure it wasn't just some scale fluke. But it wasn't! I've lost 5 pounds. And I've lost almost 10 since Christmas, cuz at Christmas I was creeping towards 215, and then I got down to 210 again after all the festivities were over, and now I've lost 5 more! I'll be glad when I get below 200 again. So I tried on these pants that Kate bought me for Christmas, which were too tight at Christmas when I tried them on, and they fit great now! Comfy. And they look great, too.

And then, when I got home from school, I called the unemployment recording, and a huge sum of money will be deposited in my account tomorrow. Yay! Finally. So, I'm paying a few bills, and then on Friday, I'm going away with Sheena & Trish & doing my grocery shopping away so I don't have to spend as much money. And I can go to the Bulk Barn--which is exciting, for me. Lol. And, I can buy myself a few clothing items I NEED, too. Like, I only have 3 pairs of underwear right now. Lol yeah probably tmi, oh well. And I also want a pair of long underwear bottoms, for wearing this winter on all my walks. Anyway, I'm excited & I had a great day, so far.

Tis all for now. Bye!

No comments: