Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jan. 14/07, 10:00 p.m.

Well, I gotta go home soon, but I'll write a quick post first.

Had an alright day today, except that I've been really tired all day b/c I didn't get off the phone til late last night for some reason, and I had to get up & go to church this morning. And then after dinner was on the phone for 2 MORE hours.

Well anyway. I went to Nicole's, we did some Pilates for about 20 minutes. Hung out there for a while, went home & finally figured out something to have for supper. I'm getting very very bored with my meal choices. And it's only been 6 days. I got some recipes the other day, though, and I'll try to get some more soon. The problem is, I don't have any chicken right now, so my choices are pretty limited, because chicken is the fastest thing to get ready. Only takes like half an hour or less. I need fish, salmon, shrimp, deermeat, chicken...lots of variety. And I need some variety in the veggies dept. too. I'm getting pretty bored of greens, celery, carrots, broccoli, tomato. Gets a little monotonous after a while, eating the same foods every single day. I need that variety, definitely.

Came to Geoff's, eventually, this evening. He took like an hour cooking this huge chunk of frozen hamburger, bravo. Then finally came to get me, 2 hours after I called him. Man I love that so much. Anyway, he started a fire, had a shower, and then we took the dog & went to find somewhere to go for a walk. It snowed today, for the first time in forever, so we both wanted to get out in it & go for a walk somewhere. Plus, I really like to walk Ruby somewhere where I don't have to have her on a leash, because she doesn't get to run very often, and she loves to trot along on the beach or in the woods, sniffing everything & running. So, I decided we should go up the Miller's Pond road. It was beautiful & quiet up there. We drove out the road that goes to Chubby's camp, and parked in the "parking lot", and then took the side trail that goes to Kenny & Elaine (Brown)'s camp. That was a good little hike! It's uphill & down-dale, literally uphill both ways! In the snow! Lol, just like the stories Grandpa used to tell, eh? We walked in the dark, because the flashlight just reflected off the snow & blinded me. And it was a bright night anyway, with all that snow for light. Ruby ran on ahead, and ran and skidded and bounced & frolicked and sniffed & peed...all those things dogs like to do. She had a ball. she's tired right out now, up in the livingroom with Geoff, napping. The snow made the hike a lot more difficult, cuz by now there's 6 inches or more in the woods. But it was beautiful & quiet, and we had fun. Not too cold, either. Not a breath of wind. I'd like to do that again. In fact, I'd like to make hiking one of my regular hobbies, I always love it when I do go.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell...I need to get home & get to bed, it's quarter after now, and I didn't get enough sleep last night, like I said. And I have school tomorrow, too. Bye 4 now.

No comments: