Yo. I'm tired. Didn't do much exciting today. But at least I didn't just sit around the house all day. I came home from Geoff's, had a late breakfast, skipped my snack, went with Nicole Henderson to run errands, went home, had dinner, did laundry, went to Sheena's, and came back here! It all begins and ends at Geoff's house. Lol.
Nicole went shopping for her diet today, she's starting the Atkins diet. I totally don't like it & think it's unhealthy. I would never recommend it for anyone. Whereas, I would definitely recommend Simply For Life, because it's healthy & you learn how to eat balanced and for nutrition. It's not just about losing weight, whereas Atkins completely is all about weight coming off. Yep, you'll lose weight if you cut back your carbs & calories...but you'll have a pretty unhealthy heart, seeing as you're encouraged to eat fat--saturated fats, and lots of them. Pork chops, hamburger, full-fat creamy salad dressings, full-fat cheese, butter, bacon, steaks...it's not cool. That's the main reason I don't like it. It's not about health, it's about losing weight. And they encourage you to eat a lot of saturated fats (unsaturated, too, but mostly sats). Also, they want you to cut out fruit for a while. Which I don't think is good. It's okay to cut out fats for a while, just a little while. But fruit? No. I think that is a very bad idea. But, she wants to do it, because it works, and so, she can have at 'er.
Me, I'm sticking with this. I love it so far. I went to visit Sheena, as I said, and we were both all joyous about the way we're eating, and the energy we have because of it. It was fun. For a snack (at her house), I had strawberries...mmmmmm...and the BEST yogurt EVER (Activia Apple & Muesli). Man it was good. Then for supper we had scallops--baked in olive oil, lemon juice & garlic powder--and stirfried veggies on a bed of salad greens. It was really really good.
I did cheat a little today, though. After Geoff picked me up from their house, we went to his grandmother's cuz she had some food to give him, among which were cookies and a couple pieces of barley candy....my FAVORITE. So I had a shortbread cookie with caramel on the bottom & drizzled on top, and a piece of barley candy. Which tasted just like pure ol' corn syrup--but I love the stuff! Lol. I bad. But after hearing how Sheena's cheated a couple times, I don't feel guilty about it. Eating is one of life's pleasures, I have to enjoy some sinful foods once in a while & not feel guilty about it. So I did, and I didn't!
Then Geoff & I bundled up & went for a BRISK walk (it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZING out) to the Grand Harbour Bridge & back. So I'm pretty tired this evening! That wind was COOOOOLD! But I've stuck to it, for almost a week I've been walking every day. Today, I was doing laundry, and I grabbed this pair of jeans that were too tight on me not very long ago--they dug into me the last time I put them on. And GUESS WHAT? When I put them on today, they're just as comfy as can be. Hehehehe. I love it. So I'm gonna continue to stick with this, cuz I know I can. It makes me feel good cuz I know I'm putting really healthy foods into my body, for the first time ever. And I know I'm looking after myself, walking every day. And, I'm starting to fit into my clothes better, and it hasn't even been a whole week yet!
Well, I'm tired, should watch tv for a bit with Geoff before I go home. Bye 4 now!
No comments:
Post a Comment