Friday, July 20, 2007

July 20th, 2007, 11:19 p.m.

Wow, I can't believe it's that late already!! I meant to get to bed a little earlier tonight...I didn't get to bed last night til almost 2:00. Then I slept in til 11:30 this morning, through the thunderstorm & the rain, with the dog--Duane & Angela's dog, Casey, actually. I'm housesitting for a week and a half.

Yeah, I know, I haven't blogged for over a month. It's like a diary...when I first get one, I write every day. Then after a while, the novelty wears off and I forget about it. I have a collection of probably like...15 diaries at home. Most of them aren't even half-full. Lol! I used to write in them all the time when I was a kid. Guess I've got too much going on to think about it now. Although I saw some awesome journals at Island Arts today...think I'll get one next week. Lol...

I had a great day off today. I slept way in, then Carolyn came over, after I'd been up about half an hour. Then I ate breakfast while she ate dinner...then had a shower, and off we went for the afternoon. First we went to mail a letter for Angela, and decided to stop at the Island Arts to see what they've got this summer. So I bought a cute tealight holder that's a white ceramic sea urchin, and also got a bar of dulse soap. Then we went to Dark Harbour. The original plan was to walk around the pond to the camp. But it was foggy and wet and windy, so we just walked down to the outlet and back, then down the other way to the brook and back. Then from there, we went to the Castalia Art Gallery, and took a look at Barb Leslie's and Brigid Toole Grant's pieces. Theeennn....we went to the Newton's Wharf Art Gallery in Grand Harbour, which was really nice. Never been there before. Then she dropped me off at home, so I could do some housework before I came back up to North Head.

So, I sat down and enjoyed a bowl of the vegetable soup I made Friday morning, in my favorite soup mug, with some crackers. Then I had a cup of tea, in my favorite tea/coffee cup. Then I got all my laundry folded, and put a few more loads in before I left. And then I loaded the dishwasher, and did the dishes, and gathered up all my stuff to bring up here with me.

Then Geoff and I went back up to North Head, because I had seen some other things at Island Arts I wanted. So, I got a blue tealight holder that is shaped like a cup, with little holes cut out of the back, and silhouette of a cat cut out of the front. I also got a cute little red tin bird that I hung in the window over the doorstep, and a metal key-hanger, with 3 little nut-hatches on it. It's really cute. Man I love Island Arts...it inspired me to decorate with more individual pieces, rather than just a bunch of mass-produced stuff from Ikea, Walmart, Zellers, Canadian Tire, or Home Hardware.

Then, we went to Inneke's (Seawind Beads), because I have a necklace I'd wanted to see if she'd re-string for me.

Theeeeeeeeeen...we went back home, then up here again. Yay! Fun day.

I can't wait until I can decorate the house this fall & winter. Geoff's finishing up all the crackfilling, and the bedroom needs to be gyprocked & crackfilled. Then for now, I'm just going to prime all the walls, doors, doorframes, window frames, and trim. Then hopefully in the fall, we'll be able to afford to paint and put down flooring. That'll be so nice. Because potentially, that house could be SO nice. I still want stuff from Ikea, though. Furniture. Bathroom stuff. Kitchen stuff. Livingroom stuff. Bedroom stuff. All kinds of stuff. But I decided after going to gift shops and art galleries that I definitely don't want cookie-cutter decor. I want some really different, eye-catching pieces. Like the stuff I got today. I already have some really nice pieces, packed up, and down and Mum & Dad's. And I want a lot of nicely framed photos on the walls and shelves, too, of course. Pictures make for the best decor.

Well!! Anyway. I'm really rambling a lot. Probably no one cares except me. But it has been a long time, and obviously I had a lot to say! Lol. Ne who, tis getting late and I have to go stuff a pill down an ancient cat's throat now. Goodnight!

No comments: