Thursday, April 12, 2007

April 12th/07, 1:01 p.m.

I can't believe they evacuated the school! Still don't know what's happening, or happened...

Halfway through English, at probably I figure quarter after 10 or so, Mr. Lloyd said, "Can I have your attention please, can I have your attention please..." and asked us to evacuate the school and walk to the churches immediately. At which point, Mr. Griffin said, "This is not a drill..."

So of course everyone was all wound up. The highschool students all went to the Wesleyan, and the elementary kids went to the Anglican (the Hall, I suppose). Everyone was sent home after about maybe an hour, at the most. The fire department and cops and Mr. Lloyd (and I suppose Mrs. Brown, too) are still over at the school, and when Miranda & I walked by, they firemen were patrolling the perimeter of the school wearing bullet-proof vests! :S Debbie Tucker was outside by the smoking area, and she said no one was allowed in the school (not even her), and that she still didn't know what was going on, but that it was a real threat.

So that's weird...I'll update y'all later when we find out what really happened.

1 comment:

lauraleighton said...

Supposedly Colton Linton called in a bomb threat. They obviously didn't know who it was at the time. But I really haven't heard anything much about it.