I think this is the 11th...yes tis...don't know why the date & time are wrong on this thing. Can't fix it, either, cuz I don't have nbed access.
So I actually came to school today, I'm sitting in class right now, in fact. My, what a good student I am, blogging when I'm supposed to be paraphrasing something. I didn't even hear what he said we were supposed to paraphrase. I'm pretty good at paraphrasing...I should maybe find out what it is I'm supposed to be doing. In a minute.
I didn't get up this morning til about ten to nine...better than yesterday, though. At least I was up early enough to have breakfast and shower and make it here on time. But I vowed this morning (to myself, while getting ready hastily) that I'm going to try to start getting up at 7:30 in the morning. See, I've been reading people's notes on Facebook, like Megan "Ossinger" and Jenna "Rideout"...Megan is my age, married with a 5-year-old, and Jenna is 2 or 3 years younger than me, married to someone 9 years older than me. And they have their little surveys (notes) on Facebook, about their homes and their husbands and their lives as housewives, and man do they make me feel like a lazy ass!! They get up at 7 a.m., never stop doing housework all day long, keep things tidy and nice, make a variety of different meals every day, go to bed early every night with their loving husbands who are sweethearts and love to give them massages, love their little housewifey lives. Me, I struggle to get up at 9:00, I go to school for an hour, I come home and maybe do a couple chores like dishes or tidying up or throwing some laundry in, then I go on the computer, lately Geoff and I either go to camp, or take the dogs somewhere for a walk. Then when we get home, I do generally have something fairly decent for supper, and then I go online or lay around watching TV for several hours, til WAY late at night usually, then head to bed, then I can't get up in the morning again because I was up til 1:00 or sometimes even 2, on the internet. Here these girls are, my age and younger, holding it all together, and also, they both are where they need to be in their relationships with God, too. Oh, not to mention they're both beautiful and in great shape, and I think Megan even works out. Now, not that their lives are perfect--although I think Jenna's got it pretty good--Megan's stepdad just died suddenly last week. So, it's not that I think everything is perfect for them. Raising a child is hard, being in a new marriage is hard. Or at least, it's supposed to be...those 2 make it look pretty great. Anyway. I just envy them their put-togetherness. They've got it all together. What's wrong with me??
I guess I was spoiled (as far as chores & responsibilities go) when I was young. Now I wish I hadn't been. I wish I'd had to do chores every day so that I was used to it and more dedicated to doing it. I wish I'd had to cook meals more often as I got older. Although I am getting much better at that, cuz let's face it, we need to eat, and usually Miranda or Geoff would cook spaghetti or Kraft Dinner. I prefer meat & vegetables generally, myself. But I still don't keep up with the laundry, the dishes, all the little chores around the house like vaccuuming and dusting and cleaning the bathroom and scrubbing the floors. Miranda does some of that stuff. I suppose I'll get better at it in time. I'm getting better all the time. And if Miranda wasn't there to help me, I'd have all the responsibilities. Anyway. I'm going to try to get up at 7:30 every morning, because I could be doing a lot more with my day. Besides, I find when I do get up that early, I feel better and more energetic all day, and I'm in gear to do more stuff. More cooking & baking & cleaning. So, I'm gonna try! Who knows, maybe I can even get more exercise, too. Although, I've been walking the dogs or going out to camp (and taking the dogs) every day for about a week now. So that helps. Now if I could just stop eating junkfood, too....OOOOOOH I'm just not perfect, dammit. Why?!! Lol.
Okay well, now I know what the assignment is--I knew someone would ask about it partway through if I waited. So I should probably get a start on that now. Especially seeing as some woman just walked into the class and seems to be observing what we're doing and asked Mr. Griffin a question about our assignment. Ok bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment