Ouch my back hurts...I am spending waaaaaay too much time on this computer. And obviously don't have good posture, or it wouldn't bother me so much.
So yesterday wasn't too too bad...not too too good, either, though. I had my disgusting healthy breakfast, and then a rather unhealthy dinner. Then I came up here for a while. Then I went home & took Ruby for a walk. Oh...my...good God. That was quite the walk indeed.
I usually walk down OxHead, and to Henderson's (beach). Well, I thought I'd try a new route, something a little different. Good plan. I went to the right instead of the left, down to the end of Brownville. I had brought a timer with me, and I set it for 15 minutes, because I wanted to make sure I walked for a half an hour, at least. So off we went, past the Indian's building, down to the lane that goes to the seawall by Frog's Pond. And the trail was like one big puddle the whole way down. And I wasn't, for some reason, wearing boots. Just sneakers--white ones, I might add. So, I tried to make my way around them, with Ruby's towing me, which wasn't working out so well; she almost pulled me in a couple times. So I just took her leash off & let her go ahead. And then I meandered my way around the sides of the trail, backing myself as far into the alders as possible. Finally we made it down there, after navigating around several small lakes, and it was SO FRICKIN WINDY...at first I didn't mind. But, I had no hat on, and after a few minutes of cold, wet wind in my ears, they started to ache, really bad. Farther down the seawall were more puddles that spanned the whole trail. So I had to trek down over the mounds of rotten rockweed (which were luckily partially frozen so they weren't too slimy), and onto the beach. We made it to the pit, finally, and then I caught up with Ruby (my ears were KILLING me by then), and we finally got back onto the road. The timer for 15 minutes had just gone off as we were coming into the pit, so I stopped to reset it, and put it back in my pocket. By now I was all out of breath, my hair was a salty windblown mess, I was sweaty, and my ears were bothering me, so I just wanted to get home.
Let me tell you, Ruby is not a fun doggy to take for a walk. On the way down, she's pulling and choking herself, and all over the place. Then, on the way back, she's keeping close to the side of the road, stopping every five seconds to sniff where some other animal has peed, and of course she absolutely MUST pee there herself. Sometimes she just wants to sniff at it for 5 minutes though. Which really isn't too helpful when you want to take a brisk walk & motor right along. So I was yanking her along on the way back, trying to walk in the middle of the road so she couldn't stop every few seconds to sniff something. Sometimes I don't mind having a leisurely stroll, but it was cold & I just wanted to go home. Finally we got to where the little shortcut trail is by the house, and I dug the timer out of my pocket...and it hadn't even been going all this time! It had gone for a minute and forty-three seconds, and I must have bumped my pocket & hit a button. AAAAAAGH! Here I had been trying to time myself to see how long of a walk it is, and the timer wasn't even going for the last...however many minutes it was. What a fun walk. I dare say I won't be walking down that way again until the very dryest, hottest months of summer. I'll stick to the usual route next time.
AAAAAAnyway. I had a decent supper...and a spoonful of whipped cream for dessert. Lol. Don't you hate it when there's this big bowl of whipped cream sitting there in the fridge, and you have nothing to put it on?! So you just eat it. Or, I do anyway. Then I came back to Geoff's, and went on the computer some more, which I'm sure is a big surprise. Then I was hungry, and what I really wanted was an orange. But when I got one out, it felt pretty spongy. So...I really didn't think it was any good. But I was REALLY HUNGRY--I'd spent at least an hour looking at these insane "pro-ana" sites (pro-anorexia), and all these pictures of skinny bonebags, and it really made me feel like EATING SOMETHING. So anyway I was hungry and the orange was no good, so I ate roast beef. Good job. And then, I saw the orange next to another, much older orange, and realized that it wasn't that bad, and I ate it, and it was fine! Should've just eaten the stupid orange in the first place.
Didn't get to bed until late. Kate called this morning at 11:30 and woke me up. Thank you Kate...I needed that...and we're going for a walk in a couple hours. I haven't eaten breakfast today. I'll be hungry & snacky all day now. Bravo. Hopefully my walk with Kate will tire me out, and I won't be up all hours of the night.
That's all for my lamenting today.
No comments:
Post a Comment