"Poo-free"--paints a pretty picture, doesn't it?
But seriously, going shampoo-free has been great this time. Last time, I thought going poo-free meant only washing your hair with water, and using baking soda & vinegar when it got too greasy to stand anymore. But no! Thankfully, that is not what most people do. Most people just swap baking soda & vinegar for shampoo & conditioner, and wash as needed.
My hair isn't greasy, there's no build-up. I've only used cornstarch as a dry shampoo once, in the first week, when my hair was "adjusting" (a.k.a. - Gross). Last time, I only washed with water, and used all kinds of dry shampoos. What wrecked it was cocoa powder, and powdered oatmeal. Especially the cocoa, though. It immediately became stuck to my scalp, and itchy. It was recommended as an additive to dry shampoo, for darker hair. That's why I ultimately quit last time. I got a buildup on my scalp from dry shampoos, not washing often enough with baking soda, and not rinsing well enough.
Now, I can go longer between washes than when I used shampoo. The shampoos I used were often cheap, too, and dried my hair out much worse, making my hair even greasier between washes. My hair would be gross within a day or two. Now, it would probably take an entire week for it to get that greasy. BIG difference.
My hair is soft, doesn't break or fall out NEARLY as much, and I NEVER have knots after washing. I washed it today with just water, because it really wasn't dirty, but I really needed a shower.
I have medium-length hair. It's about a third of the way down my back now. :D Yay. I ALMOST caved and chopped it all off last month. SOOOO TEMPTING. A friend of mine posted pics of her new short 'do and I was sweating under my long, dead hair thinking, blaaaaaaaaahhhhh....whyyyyyy?!?! But, I knew I would regret it if I cut it. It's taken months to get it this long, and I want it at least halfway down my back. I am going to have to trim it soon, to get rid of some dead/split ends. But I know my hairdresser's going to notice a HUGE improvement in the condition of my hair overall. I'll have to wash my hair right before my appointment, so she won't use shampoo on it. Lol. NOOOOOO!!!! DOOOON'T SHAMPOOOO MY HAAAAAAAIR, PLEEEEEEEASE!!!
I'm not using soap on my face now, either. I haven't been for a few months. I don't need it. It's the middle of summer, too. It was hot for a few weeks, now it's foggy & muggy.
So, I don't wash my face with soap, and I don't wash my hair with shampoo. Go ahead, say it, I'm a dirty hippie. ;)
But seriously, going shampoo-free has been great this time. Last time, I thought going poo-free meant only washing your hair with water, and using baking soda & vinegar when it got too greasy to stand anymore. But no! Thankfully, that is not what most people do. Most people just swap baking soda & vinegar for shampoo & conditioner, and wash as needed.
My hair isn't greasy, there's no build-up. I've only used cornstarch as a dry shampoo once, in the first week, when my hair was "adjusting" (a.k.a. - Gross). Last time, I only washed with water, and used all kinds of dry shampoos. What wrecked it was cocoa powder, and powdered oatmeal. Especially the cocoa, though. It immediately became stuck to my scalp, and itchy. It was recommended as an additive to dry shampoo, for darker hair. That's why I ultimately quit last time. I got a buildup on my scalp from dry shampoos, not washing often enough with baking soda, and not rinsing well enough.
Now, I can go longer between washes than when I used shampoo. The shampoos I used were often cheap, too, and dried my hair out much worse, making my hair even greasier between washes. My hair would be gross within a day or two. Now, it would probably take an entire week for it to get that greasy. BIG difference.
My hair is soft, doesn't break or fall out NEARLY as much, and I NEVER have knots after washing. I washed it today with just water, because it really wasn't dirty, but I really needed a shower.
I have medium-length hair. It's about a third of the way down my back now. :D Yay. I ALMOST caved and chopped it all off last month. SOOOO TEMPTING. A friend of mine posted pics of her new short 'do and I was sweating under my long, dead hair thinking, blaaaaaaaaahhhhh....whyyyyyy?!?! But, I knew I would regret it if I cut it. It's taken months to get it this long, and I want it at least halfway down my back. I am going to have to trim it soon, to get rid of some dead/split ends. But I know my hairdresser's going to notice a HUGE improvement in the condition of my hair overall. I'll have to wash my hair right before my appointment, so she won't use shampoo on it. Lol. NOOOOOO!!!! DOOOON'T SHAMPOOOO MY HAAAAAAAIR, PLEEEEEEEASE!!!
I'm not using soap on my face now, either. I haven't been for a few months. I don't need it. It's the middle of summer, too. It was hot for a few weeks, now it's foggy & muggy.
So, I don't wash my face with soap, and I don't wash my hair with shampoo. Go ahead, say it, I'm a dirty hippie. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment