Aaaaagh my hairdresser shampooed my hair!!! Even though I told her it didn't need to be!! Fffffff.......!!!!! Gah! I asked her just to wet it before she trimmed it. I mentioned it was a bit dry. So she assumed it needed conditioner, which would've been fine. But then decided, "it NEEDED to be shampooed, to get the conditioner 'in there' right..."?! Or some such foolishness. Rrrrg. Thanks. Hopefully I don't have to start back at square one now!
Oh, and, when I told her I hadn't been using shampoo, and was using baking soda & vinegar, she was like, "You're WHAT!!" And proceeded to tell me (very dramatically) how much baking soda strips your hair. Oh. I see. You would THINK that a professional hairdresser, of all people, would've heard about no-'poo. She said they were trained in school to use baking soda when the hair really needed to be stripped, and that it is harsher than Sunlight dish detergent. Uhh...yes. Sure. That's why my hair is soft, not greasy, and my scalp is healthy.
I realized when I left that she probably thought I used PURE baking soda on my hair. Ooooh. Yes. That would be rather idiotic. And harsh. I emailed her explaining that it's very diluted. She responded saying that 1 tsp. per cup is still fairly strong. Hmmm.
Anyhoo...what's done is done. And my hair is trimmed, and soft, and it looks good.
And I got my precious liquid gold, Moroccan Oil.
Ahhhh I love that sh*t. So much. Lol.
And next time I need a trim, I'll be washing & conditioning my OWN hair, right before I go.
Oh, and, when I told her I hadn't been using shampoo, and was using baking soda & vinegar, she was like, "You're WHAT!!" And proceeded to tell me (very dramatically) how much baking soda strips your hair. Oh. I see. You would THINK that a professional hairdresser, of all people, would've heard about no-'poo. She said they were trained in school to use baking soda when the hair really needed to be stripped, and that it is harsher than Sunlight dish detergent. Uhh...yes. Sure. That's why my hair is soft, not greasy, and my scalp is healthy.
I realized when I left that she probably thought I used PURE baking soda on my hair. Ooooh. Yes. That would be rather idiotic. And harsh. I emailed her explaining that it's very diluted. She responded saying that 1 tsp. per cup is still fairly strong. Hmmm.
Anyhoo...what's done is done. And my hair is trimmed, and soft, and it looks good.
And I got my precious liquid gold, Moroccan Oil.
Ahhhh I love that sh*t. So much. Lol.
And next time I need a trim, I'll be washing & conditioning my OWN hair, right before I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment