Monday, December 05, 2011

So...yesterday, I caved and shampooed my hair. With evil strawberries & cream shampoo. I couldn't stand it anymore!! I'm getting a cold, so I feel yucky enough, and my hair felt heavy and gross, and my scalp just didn't feel clean. So I scrubbed it as hard as I could with shampoo. Lol.

I think what happened was I used too much baking soda the last couple times I washed it. It also could've been a bit of residue from hard water weighing it down. Anyway, I would say that's what it was mainly was too much baking soda, and it just would not come out of my hair. So. I did what I had to do. Lol (it's really not that tragic). It felt really dry after, and I couldn't stand it, so I rubbed some olive oil on the palms of my hands and worked it through. Feels perfect now. I'm hoping Sheena can pick up some coconut oil for me when she goes away on Wednesday, and I also might buy some Moroccan Oil. But the olive oil worked beautifully, actually! It's super soft & silky.

Changing my eating habits is going pretty well, so far. And I've made sure I've at least gone outdoors with the baby every day it's been fit, too. Even if we just explored the woods around the house for a few minutes, it's better than not getting out in the fresh air at all. I've cut out snacking on junk, and only have 1 modest dessert, after supper. I guess I will have to allow myself one junk food night a week. Last night Geoff brought home chips & salsa & sour cream. :P He's like, "Salsa's healthy...and...Tostitos aren't that bad, right?" Lol. He was trying to satisfy his need for munchies without totally sabotaging me. :P I only had a little anyway, and a small bowl of icecream for dessert. Oh yeah. And 2 ginger cookies. Oops. Shoulda skipped the icecream. But at least it wasn't my usual amount, and I didn't feel disgustingly full.

And I had a high-fiber breakfast this morning, with orange juice (orange juice counts as a fruit, right? ;))

I went to bed EARLY last night. Like, truly, early. I kinda had to though. Felt so crappy, coming down with this cold. So I showered--as I mentioned, with the hair-washing--and got laundry going, and went right to bed. I woke up at like 3:45 though, and it took me quite a while to get back to sleep, because I'm used to having so much less sleep at night. So I guess I woke up after what would be a normal night's sleep for me. I feel a lot more rested this morning than I normally do--and that's with a cold! Of course, I took an Advil Cold & Sinus, and that makes a big difference, too. I'm not really tired enough, but I'm going to make myself go back to bed when the baby goes for a nap, cuz I know I need to rest. Even though I also need to vacuum and fold laundry.

Anyhoo...that's all for now! Hoping to have pea soup for suppah tonight. :) Yum. Perfect comfort food.

No comments: