Thursday, September 15, 2011

All Dogs Go To Heaven...

...but I sure hope their fleas don't!! :P

I've had EEEEEENOUGH! Ugh. Was nursing the baby, in the bedroom in my rocker, when I noticed a little black dot on my arm. Adjacent to his head. I promptly killed it, of course. I'm an expert flea-killer, after years with multitudes of cats and dogs. It's just a reality of having pets--they get fleas in the summertime. However, I do not wish to have them, nor will I stand for having them on, or even NEAR my child. Grr!!

Thank God, we finally got some Advantage yesterday. I wasn't going to put it on them til later today, because it's really foggy, and not a great day for them to be in their pen. Obviously I changed my mind after that. Then I broke out the vacuum, and vacuumed all 3 couches (yep, we have 3 friggin couches), and the entire house. Phew!

So hopefully, the only fleas after today will be dying stragglers.

This has been a bad summer for fleas. I've noticed other people on Facebook mentioning it. It's the damp, warm weather that they like, apparently. Poor Ruby has her ass half chewed off. She looks like the bald-ass bear from the John Candy movie "The Great Outdoors". Lol. Well. Ruby isn't lol'ing. Fleas also thrive in the long grass in their pen. I had been keeping it long for shade for them (the dogs, not the fleas). No more. Twill have to be bushwhacked and mowed from now on.

And as of today, I vow that the dogs and cats will be Advantaged all summer long, and also, I want to make fixing both dogs a priority this winter. Cuz dogs in heat are just DISGUSTING, and I do not strive to be a breeder. Imagine the fleas then! :|

No comments: