Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday, November 29th, 2008

Weeeeeeeeeeell well. It's been a long, long time! I forgot blogger existed, frankly. I think everybody mostly has. If I had the internet at home, I might've kept up with it. But I just go to other people's houses to check in on the basics now and again (Facebook & Hotmail). And that's about it!

So, I'm back on Weight Watchers again. Just started a couple days ago. I quit for quite a while. Got off track, it all snowballed, and gave up. Then of course, I went back to the bakery, and that didn't help. Pastries and cookies and muffins and donuts anytime I wanted. And cafe au lait, and coffee...Yep. It helped my weight immensely.

But!! Geoff and I finally decided to decidedly become engaged, officially. 'Bout time, eh? People have asked me how he proposed. Ha ha...well. He asked me when I was 17. Then a few years later. Basically brought it up several times, and I didn't know what I wanted, and I wasn't ready. So he just gave up.

So, I brought it up. We had a good talk about it, and gave ourselves a little time to think about it, and then when we were away a while ago, I brought it up again. And he said, "Well, you said you wanted to lose weight before we got married...so I just stopped asking!" Well JEEZ, I thought, no way am I going to let THAT stop me!! I want to get married, start a family!! So. I said, Well. IF I CAN lose weight by then, then great. And if not, we'll just get married anyway! That's a stupid reason not to get married. In fact, Mark told me, one evening, "Well, that's a logical reason. It's much more important to look perfect in your wedding pictures than it would be to have a precious little girl curled up in your arms right now." (He had Marissa snuggled up with him while he was typing). Hmm. Yep...good point.

SO! Long story short, we are engaged now. No ring yet...gotta go away and pick one out. So I've been wearing my promise ring every day instead.

Anyways. So yeah, that also forced me to go back to Weight Watchers. Cuz I've got til next September, and I wanna look and feel the best I possibly can. I'm not doing that well so far. I ate chips & dip--light dip--and pepsi, and a couple cookies--tonight. At Duane & Angela's housesitting. The problem was, Geoff's here, and he dug out chips & dip & pepsi. Thaaaaaaaaaaanks. And I wasn't going to eat them. Until I was putting his onion dip back in the fridge, and spotted LIGHT Smoked Salmon dip. Yep. HAD to eat that. And then I had another cookie. After the chips & dip & pepsi. I figured, well, I blew it for today, might as well top it off with a cookie. Lol. Good logic, eh?

Anyway, I hope once all these Christmas concerts are over with, I can get working out again, and try to stay on track better. I've told Geoff he's not allowed to bring junkfood home. He's not allowed to have it around me. Because, it's not just the bringing it home FOR me. It's just even having it in the same room as me. If it's there, I want it. Especially if he's eating it and I can SMELL it. So. I know that's mean. But at this point, I just don't have the self-control yet. Or the appetite control. I think I NEED it, I think i'm still hungry, even if I just finished a meal.

But. I did it before, and I can do it again. Especially with the motivation of our wedding. And, too, I want to be HEALTHY before we even TRY to get pregnant. Because Sheena was warning me about the potential dangers & complications of being overweight when you get pregnant. Besides. I want to have 30 or 40 pounds to lose, not 90!! That'd be a nightmare.

Well. Now, it is 1:19 in the morning. And I really think I should've been in bed a long time ago. Although, we can sleep in in the morning, yay! And it's the Christmas Market tomorrow, too--yay! I haven't been to it in years, because I always forget & miss it. So, yay. Well, clementine, then, bedtime. Can't wait to sleep on that super-comfy bed in there. Gotta get me one of those.

Bye for now! Hope I remember to write sooner than next November!

Laura

1 comment:

Ehud said...

You can visit my blog to know more about the signs said in Bible when World comes to its End time.
What ever in it is true & any man cam compare it with Bible,nature & science.
Thankyou.