Wow, long time since I've blogged! Been too involved with Facebook. That and I've been sick for 2 weeks. I was sick when I went away, actually. Think I gave it to Taunya's baby. But she's better now, so I don't feel so bad.
Gordon Lightfoot was great. Had a lot of fun at that. His voice isn't what it used to be, because he's lived a hard life and smoked for years. He didn't do so well in the higher registers. But in the second half, he was warmed up more and did great. Sang a lot of the old favorites that we all grew up listening to, and quite a few new ones none of us had heard before.
And I got lots of great clothes from Taunya the next day. All kinds of stuff. I felt like I'd been on What Not To Wear! Going from wearing ill-fitting old clothes and Geoff's t-shirts to stylish, nice clothes that fit well and looked nice on me, and even got some new accessories. And I bought 3 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of sandals, too. At the mall and Wal-Mart.
So I've been sick for like forever...can't seem to get better. First it was a cold, then my throat was sore and I had a cough. Then I had a dry cough and my throat was still sore. Then my nose was stuffed up. Then my sinuses were stuffed up. My sinuses seem fine today, but my throat's still kind of sore, and my ear still aches a little bit. Hopefully I'm finally getting over it.
Babysitting for Adam & Trish this evening. Seems like a cakewalk compared to babysitting for Mark & Cheryl. I haven't babysat there for quite a while. Probably a week or so. And hopefully I won't need to babysit as much now that Geoff's finally started working. He started rockweeding today, so I'm hoping he'll do well at that, and be able to at least get his bills all caught up, if not paid off. That would be so nice, if we could have a clean slate.
And I'll be done school June 18th I think it is. I've decided that if I don't find a prom dress in time, I will just wear my bridesmaid's dress from Sheena's wedding. Why not. It's pretty, it fits, and I could find some accessories to go with it and some nice shoes. At least I'd have a dress. And I'll have my license in June, too. Hoping too, anyway. And I'm hoping that Geoff will fix a car for me, too.
Back to school tomorrow...probably have some essays due soon. We finished Hamlet, so likely our Act 5 Essay is due any day now. It's probably due tomorrow and I just don't know it. And we're supposed to finish up our Who Am I essay soon, too.
And I'm working on a project at home, too, for myself. I made a cookbook a few years ago for Skippy when she got married. Then I photocopied it for myself. Now I'm typing it up at Matthew and Sheena's so that I can print it all off and take it to the Business Centre to have copies made for other people. Like all the people around me who are having babies and need to know how to cook, or my cousin who is living with her boyfriend now. And I'll give a copy to Sheena, too, and to Trish. And Brian wants one, too, because he's decided he wants to be a chef when he's older. So I told him he'd better learn to like lots of different foods, and start practicing cooking. He helped me with pancakes at my place last night. I made them, but he cooked them. Turned out great, too. Some of the best pancakes I've had in quite a while, actually.
Aaaaanyways...not much new going on right now in my life, I guess. So that about catches me up. Oh, and I think I've lost some weight while I was sick. Yeah 5 pounds or so. Looks like a little more. Well, bye 4 now!
No comments:
Post a Comment