Thursday, February 01, 2007

Feb. 1st/07, 10:07 p.m.

Well, I had a great day today!! I've done really well eating healthy, and feeling better about it today. Not depressed today. I talked to Alice for a bit, so that was cool, cuz we haven't heard from her in quite a while and she sounds like she's doing better now. And also, I got my marks for Math today--I made a 91% on my exam, and I got the highest average in the class at 86.8%!! So I was really happy about that. And we had a quiz in English today, even though it's only the second class, and I made 100% on that! Even though it doesn't count for marks. Whatever, I still know my stuff! And so far, I really like English better than I used to. Instead of writing boards & boards of notes, we have eMac's, and type all our notes & quizzes! It's pretty sweet, for me, because I'm a fast typer, and I can type mindlessly, so I can still pay attention while I'm taking notes. And I'm finding it more interesting than I used to, too.

Anyway, yeah, I started to get back on SFL yesterday, and did ok yesterday. Today I didn't even have breakfast, but I kept busy, so I did fine. Even made homemade whole wheat bread!! (In the breadmaker). I think keeping busy all day is a big key to being successful. If I'm just lazing around, I'm gonna be bored, and be more likely to go eat. I figure if I start cleaning the house every day, doing all the stuff Mum's not there all day to do, and cooking dinner & supper everyday, I'll be much less likely to overeat. And, I'll be keeping busy, so that'll help the weight come off faster. I'm going to try to do it. Besides, I need to get used to running a household, if I ever plan on having one.

Had deermeat soup for supper tonight, with my homemade bread. I don't know why I don't use the breadmaker more often--it only takes like 10 minutes to put a loaf together, and then you don't have to do anything else, and you have fresh bread! And, it has a timer, too, so I could make some bread before bed, and set it to finish baking by 7 or 8 in the morning. Or set it in the morning for suppertime. Why not?? Makes nice bread, and it's definitely better for you than store-bought, and better tasting, too, of course.

I tried out a recipe I got from somebody for dinner, Italian Shrimp. It had artichoke hearts in it, and OH MY GOD are they terrible!!!! I can see why they're called artiCHOKEs!! The first few of them that I ate, I was like, "Hm...they're okay..." But the more I ate, the worse they were! I was gagging on them they were so gross. Ugh. So I just picked everything else out from under them & shoved the rest to one side. Not eatin them again! I don't even know how to describe what exactly they taste like...just FUNNY and weird and gross. And fuzzy. Lol. But the rest of the dish was really good, so next time I make it, I'll just use celery & zucchini in place of the artiCHOKE hearts.

Quite a snowstorm today, got 3 or 4 inches out of it, I'd bet. It's still blowing around out there. Dreading having to wake Geoff up to take me home, he probably won't want to go out in it, I wouldn't doubt. He hates going back out in the cold after he's been working in it all day, don't blame him. But I have school tomorrow, and I like to be home on school nights, so I can get up early the next morning & have breakfast. There's nothing here for breakfast. Plus I don't have all my clothes & stuff to get ready here, either. Ne ways, it's getting on 10:30, I should try to get him up soon. Not that I want to, he had a phone call a couple minutes ago, and had a hissy fit, I had to MAKE him take the phone, b/c it was about work. Then after he hung up, he threw the phone across the floor. WHATever. What a shitty attitude he has sometimes. Really. Anyways! All 4 now. Bye!

No comments: